Dear Qualibrate user,
We are happy to communicate we released new features, enhancements and bug fixes in both the web application and the Qualibrate client adapters. More information as follows.
New feature: Qualibrate updater
Starting with this release the Qualibrate Platform offers a new feature: The Qualibrate Updater. The Qualibrate Updater brings along functionalities that allows users to always have the latest updates available on their systems; at all times.
With the introduction of the updater:
- The adapter and the accelerators are updated automatically
- The user is kept informed about the status of the updates
- The adapter settings are held in the Qualibrate Updater
- The updater automatically logs in
For this time, users must download the new Qualibrate Updater in order to get the latest adapter and accelerators. Follow this procedure to make sure the installation happens successfully.
Major enhancements: New adapter based on WebSocket Protocol
Qualibrate adapter server is implementing now WebSocket Protocol using Atmosphere framework. We adopted this protocol as it supports full-duplex communication over the standard TCP protocol. This means that the sockets port 5555 is no longer required and therefore, no additional setup is required on the network to allow adapters to communicate with the cloud service (network team can be happier now). This update was a precondition to allow automatic updates of the adapter and accelerator tools. Additionally, we want to prepare for the future as this protocol will allow much more exiting functionalities on user collaboration and communication.
Enhanced capabilities of web automation
- Native support for SAP ITS, SAP WebDynpro and SRM is available now
- Auto-indexing of web browsers and web pages (to enhance the maintenance of recordings). Having any problems when recording from two browsers? Not anymore. We’ve defined a new indexes logic to help you during recordings. Browser objects need to have set an index property. When recording, the first browser the user interacts with has index 0, if that browser initiates opening of another browser that should have index 1 and so on. During execution the accelerator should do the actions on the browser that you specified (depending on the index). Index functionality applies to webpages, too.
- Stabilization of runtime wait times
- Enhanced user interface capabilities for Verify and Store actions
- Enhanced scenarios capabilities
We’ve enhanced your Qualibrate experience with email notifications to give structure to an accelerated defect management process and a more transparent defect workflow. From now on when your testing team raises a new defect or updates old ones, the team members implied will be shortly notified via email. Therefore, your team will know right away if they are needed in solving a defect and they can start working on it ASAP.
Qualibrate Learning Center
At Qualibrate we value learning. The first step into embracing a new tool and getting the best from it is to understand the Qualibrate concepts. So our trainers work to define a set of hands-on laboratories to introduce you to the main Qualibrate concepts and get you initiated with our best practices. We are constantly improving our Learning Center and updating the labs to reflect Qualibrate enhancements. Our labs consist of study materials referring to:
- Lab 1: Qualibrate Introduction
- Lab 2: Process documentation
- Lab 3: Automated and Manual testing
- Lab 4: Defining & Executing Scenarios
- Lab 5: Defect Management
- Lab 6: End-User Training
- Lab 7: Reporting
And please do prepare because we are working now on quizzes and assessments to evaluate your Qualibrate knowledge! :)
We value your feedback. Our team has worked hard on fixing reported issues. Here’s just a highlight of the most important fixes:
- Type inside input is not recorded
- Incorrect highlight for elements in frame
- Verify/Store functionality (enhance user interface) - accelerators
- Adapter crash when web proxy details are maintained but proxy it's not applicable in that network
- Recording widget is unable execute the "verify/store" action when clicking on the control you want to verify/store
- Proxy with authentication doesn't work on web sockets
- Create DEFAULT iteration even if the recording didn't generate any input/output parameters
- Testing doesn't show correct overall status
- Navigation Arrow in menu to navigate to the right is not executed
- Generic control to enlarge screenshot in a QFP dialog box
- Report message for store not correct
In order for you to experience all new features and enhancements you will need to re-install the Qualibrate adapters and accelerators. Please follow to download & update the new versions.
If you need more information about this or further releases, please drop us an email to email@example.com and we will respond shortly.
For feedback or reporting a problem please submit a ticket via our Support Portal.