With Qualibrate you can schedule the executions using any Scheduling tool. In this article we will describe step by step how to schedule a scenario execution using Windows Task Scheduler.
- Any Windows 7+ machine
- Qualibrate Command Line Interface (QFPCli) must be installed in the Windows machine
- Task Scheduler must be installed in the Windows machine
Step 1. Open Task Scheduler from the Windows Start menu
Step 2. Go to Create Basic Task in the Actions panel. Create Basic Task Wizard will be displayed.
Step 3. Type the name of your Task and click Next.
Step 4. Select how often you want to trigger the execution and click Next.
Step 5. Select Date, Time and Frequency of the execution and click Next.
Step 6. Select Start the Program and click Next.
Step 7. Select the Program and Add Argument.
In the Program/script field (1) add the following information:
"\%APPDATA%\Roaming\Qualibrate\Qualibrate Updater V2\Utils\QFPCli\qfpcli.exe"
In Add arguments field (2) type the scenario execution command in the folowing format:
StartScenarioExecutionLog --url="https://companyname.qualibrate.com" --user="username" --pwd="userpassword" --scenarioId="ScenarioID" --adapter="AdapterName"
and click Next.
- https://companyname.qualibrate.com -> Qualibrate URL
- username -> your Qualibrate username
- userpassword -> your Qualibrate Password (in clear)
- Proxy Connection details are OPTIONAL (if you are using proxy)
- Timeout is OPTIONAL -> it is by default set in the Qualibrate Adapter on 5 min.
- ScenarioID -> the Scenario you wish to trigger the execution
- SyncTimeout is OPTIONAL -> time limit you can set for the execution
- statusCheckInterval is OPTIONAL -> a wait time before the QFPClirequests the status of the execution
- AdapterName -> the name of the adapter which is usually the machine name on which you wish to execute.
Step 8. Click on Finish button and your Task will be triggered according to the configurations you set in previous steps.