Prerequisite for recording and execution
o be able to record and execute a flow you have to accomplish the following steps:
- Download and Install the Qualibrate Client;
- Connect to the Qualibrate server.
If you want to record and execute your flow using Chrome browser, you will need to install the Chrome Extension as well.
Create a Flow
To create a flow you need to perform the following steps
- Go to the Design → Flows section of the sidebar menu;
- Click on the +Create flow button;
- Fill in all necessary details:
And click Save button.
When the flow is created, the application navigates you right into the newly created flow and you can start to create content straight away.
A Qualibrate flow has 4 sections: Main details, Sequence, Data Set and Related.
The Description section of the Qualibrate flows allows you to write any details about the flow.
It also allows you to upload files as attachments. In such way you will keep all the information about a flow in one single place.
The Steps section contains business tasks and user actions specific to a flow.
- Data Sets
The Data Sets section contains all the data, which have been collected automatically during the recording of a flow. You can find more about the Data Set in the Manage Data Sets section.
Each flow or scenario execution (whether manual or automated) produces a testing log. All testing logs can be found under the Logs tab.
You can find more about the Execution Logs in the Logs section.
The Related section contains the Related items linked to the current flow: Defects, Scenarios, Jira issues etc.
Record from an empty flow
When your flow is created you can start the recording following the steps below:
- Go to your flow and start the recorder.
To start the recorder:
- Click on the Recorder button on the top right of the screen,
- Go to the Sequence tab and click on the Start Recording option in the middle of the screen.
The Recorder widget will appear, with the following options:
- Pause recording – the middle circle button pauses or starts the recording of your actions.
- Verify – used for defining a checkpoint on the tested page. You select an element of the page and verify one of its properties against a set value and using an operator.
- Store – used for storing a value you want to further use in your tests.
- Notes – used to add comments to the user action.
Using the Notes button from recorder will open a notes editor window for the currently selected step.
one note can be added/edited/removed for each step (for an already recorded step or a newly recorded step);
the note will be added/edited/removed for the currently selected step;
the note can be formatted using the editor’s options;
Cancelling the recorder will not save the note modifications.
- Cancel – cancel the recording session.
- Expand user action details – expend user action details.
- Undo last recorded action – used to undo the last recorded action. The recording will continue after your previous recorded action.
- Show technical details – used to open the Task Maintenance(runtime) window.
- Save – used to save the information in the recording session and end the recording.
2. Select a protocol (recommended, especially for SAP GUI).
- If you record on IE, select Web protocol;
- WeJS for Chrome;
- If you want to make a recording on SAP GUI - SAP GUI protocol.
You can also use the default option Auto, and the recorder will automatically identify the right protocol.
3. Type a name for your task on the Recorder widget.
4. Do the actions on your applications under test and click Save on the recorder widget.
After you save your recording the information will be automatically uploaded to Qualibrate as a task of your flow.
Below you can find a video instruction on how to record a flow:
Export a Flow in PDF
You can export a Flow as a business process document, which can be also used as a user instruction.
To export the flow:
- Go to the target flow;
- Click on the Export icon on the top right of the screen;
- Open the Notifications by clicking the Bell icon.
A PDF file will be generated and you can download it from the notification panel.
You can perform quick editing of a step by hovering the mouse over the target step and clicking on the pensile icon. The following options will be displayed:
- Insert step - add step manually
- Duplicate step - duplicate an existing step
- Open Step - open Technical details
- Record from step - Start recording from the current step
- Run from step (Manual) - start Manual tester execution from the current step
- Run from step (Automated) - start Automated tester execution from the current step
- Delete - delete step
Duplicating a step creates a clone of the existing step. The data will be copied only for the Default Data set. Other Data sets have to be maintained manually for this new duplicated step.
Drag & Drop Tasks and Steps
Recorded of manually created Tasks and Steps can be moved by drag and drop.
Below you can find a video example on how you can Drag & Drop Tasks and Steps: